Monday 15 March 2010

Orientation and leaving for Brazil

Hi everyone.

In the last couple of weeks I have been busy preparing for my trip and the biggest thing i have done is the Orientation weekend that was from March 3rd to the 7th. This involved talks about culture, food and drink, health and safety and many other needed subjects. The best thing was an activity called "The Excursion." This was a type of role play where the staff members dressed up and became local South American people. We were thrown into many different scenarios, such as plane flight, passport control and also a busy market square. All of these scenarios were very exaggerated, with people trying to take your possessions or taking you into their car. There was a point to the whole activity, which is to give you a better idea of difficulties you could face in South America and what to watch out for.

It was really great to finally meet my team. All of them seem really nice and easy to get on with, which is handy when you are spending 4 months with them. I am looking forward to getting to know my team and building great relationships.

After all this preparation I am now ready to go to Brazil. I am leaving on the plane at 1200 tomorrow, Tuesday the 16th of March, and getting back on the 15th of July. The whole trip will be a great experience and i hope that I will learn more about myself and another country. I will be updating this blog every week with what I have been up to and will post pictures and possibly videos. I will have limited access to a computer but i will try and get to one as much as possible.

This will be my last blog entry in the UK for a while so the next entry will be in Brazil.

Thank you for reading and look out for more updates



Share

No comments:

Post a Comment